Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Florence, Colorado: Svetlana & Gunnar Piltingsrud On House Hunters -- A Huge Hit

I had no idea who the Florence, Colorado couple was, to be featured on House Hunters on HGTV until two days before the show. And in my eyes, the show was a huge hit on many levels.

Anyone's who read this blog, knows I am a huge fan of Florence and Florentines.

I've seen many episodes of House Hunters with my husband and sometimes we comment to each other that the "house hunters" are whiners. Tee hee! We thought we were the only ones, behind closed doors who dared to think such a sassy thing.

Svetlana and Gunnar Piltingsrud was the Florence couple featured and I noticed they both came across as charming, sweet and genuine folks. Nary a whine!

I've never seen Gunnar, until the show aired. I don't know Svetlana, but I have visited her wonderful art gallery in Florence. And I might have had the pleasure of bagging a vintage find or two for her when she shops in Florence's antiques district. And from what I've seen in those limited contacts--a truly class act.

I'm thinking all these things to myself. Tonight I went to HGTV's Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/HGTVHouseHunters and I chuckled when I read the posts about the Piltingsrud's episode. People were delighted there was NO whining as they looked at the houses--and how the family came across as so genuine--and well, humble and grateful.

I had no idea that people across the nation were a little put off at times from other House Hunter's occasional whining. Svetlana even went to the House Hunter's Facebook page and made a fabulous post concerning whining. I won't ruin it for you--go read it for yourselves.

I'm an unashamed bragger of Florence. Now I am even more impressed. And the Piltingsrud family--well, Florence truly could not have had better spokespeople to represent how most people are here. Hardworking. Some artistic like Svetlana.Creative. Appreciative. Genuine. And not too many whiners!

I'm with all the posters at HGTV's Facebook page. I want to see an update when this Florence couple finishes the remodel and decorating. Their original house was so tasteful, I cannot wait to see what they do to this beauty.


I am hoping the house is eventually featured on one of Florence's house tours. And I am even hoping there might be a fundraising ice cream social, or some such event, on the grounds of this mansion to benefit one of the many art, historical, preservation or cultural programs in Florence. Yes, I am a house addict and uber curious and will come up with any idea to see the inside of the house. Seems like a lot of viewers feel the same way.

The show was also fun, because the producers did a great job of showing other shots of Florence. I did chuckle when a shot of Royal Gorge showed up, and it almost looked like it was suggested it was in Florence. Close, but still about 20 miles away. But the show did such a lovely job of showing the river, scenic beauty and how charming this area is.

The Piltingsrud's did their "decison" chat at the Aspen Leaf Bakery and Cafe.


Yes, it's not only worth the drive to view Florence's architectural gems--it's worth the drive to nosh at the Aspen Leaf.

When my husband and first decided we had to move to this area, we did a drive-by of some of Florence's real estate. One of the same houses the Piltingsrud's viewed, we drove by. And we had the exact same comment. The porch had a lot of spindles in need of work.

I had the pleasure of going into the other house the Piltingsrud's viewed. We were invited there for a birthday party and got to see the main house and the basement apartment. The views are fantastic. And that basement with all the stonework? Pretty amazing in person. And my husband and I had the same reaction to the bathroom--some type of pod.

What a fun show! What fun houses. And what a fun couple! I've been telling people all along that Florence is one of the funnest places I've ever been. I even call it the FUNkytown of Fremont County. Funky in a good way.

And now the whole country knows. Yeah!


1 comment:

  1. I just came across your blog. Thank you so much for the kind words about us! Come visit our house anytime, we always welcome people who's curious to see it.
    Svetlana Piltingsrud

    ReplyDelete