Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 30, 2015

Will We Find YOU In Florence, The Antiques Capital of Colorado?

Some very talented people have come up with a new marketing campaign for Florence, the antiques capital of Colorado.

I won't go into details, since it will all be unveiled soon. This blog has nothing to do with that great marketing campaign--but will offer  free publicity, if needed, on this blog.

I'm excited about the new marketing slogan: FIND IT IN FLORENCE. The graphics of the new look for Florence's marketing are exciting.

And I'm also excited about a new feature on this blog.

Most people know Florence has the most antiques stores per capita in the state. And we have lots of art galleries, eateries and more. So, finding it in Florence is not only easy for collectors, art aficionados and decorators--it's an experience.

That got the rusty steampunk wheels in my head turning. Yes, it's easy to find IT in Florence. But, will we find YOU in Florence?

I'm a part-time antiques dealer and I love helping find all manner of widgets, gadgets, food and more in Florence. I've been doing it for years. And I love it just as much when I help someone find a treasure, even if it isn't mine--or associated with the shops I have worked in, or currently work in.



BUT what I really love is hearing about the experience and people BEHIND the fantastic things people find in Florence.

I could tell a hundred stories about the interesting people I've met in Florence's antiques stores.

I come home and tell my husband and friends about the cool people I've met and the great items they find--and WHY they wanted the items.

So, I thought: Why not share all these stories with all my blog readers?

Years ago, I used to photograph and write a weekly column. Rather a man-on-the-street piece. One where you just jump out and ask people a question and take their picture for a newspaper. It was one of the best things I ever did. People didn't have time to think, so they often spoke what is in their hearts--and the results were usually heartwarming, poignant or humorous. And honest.

So,  the new feature here will be, WILL WE FIND YOU IN FLORENCE? More specifically, will I find you in Florence? I won't mention which shop I'll most likely be at with my camera and notebook. Or which days. And sometimes I might be in the coffee shop or a restaraunt. And I might jump out and surprise you and ask you what YOU found in Florence. I'll take your picture (with your permission) and ask you to briefly tell what you found and what you are going to do with it.

You'll receive a little card (done on my computer) on bright green paper that will read:

You’ve Been Found In Florence—The
Antiques Capital Of
Colorado!

THANKS for letting us take your picture and share what YOU have found in Florence.

Your picture and brief story will soon be available for viewing at:

www.truestoryclub@blogspot.com


That's all there is too it. Within a few days, or few weeks, depending on my schedule, you'll be on this blog and have something to share with your family, friends and people around the world.

I do this for free. No one can pay me to get on the blog. It's just for fun, and because I am genuinely interested in what people think, feel and buy. I'm interested in the experience people find in Florence.

I've already" jumped out" and got a picture and brief story of what a very nice couple in Canon City are doing with their Florence finds. Watch for it soon.

So, will I find YOU in Florence? I hope so.

And if I don't find you in Florence, feel free to send a picture or selfie of you and your Florence find and I might choose it for this blog. Just make sure there is some type of background or landmark in the picture that makes it clear you in Florence.

And I'm also asking people  who have been "found" in Florence, to keep me and blog readers updated on their Florence finds. For example, many of the people I've talked to (without a camera or notebook in hand) have told me they have some great upcycled or art projects planned for the antiques they have found in Florence. And I am curious to see the finished project! 

No comments:

Post a Comment