Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 8, 2015

Florence, Colorado: Victorian Mansion To Be Featured On HGTV'S HOUSE HUNTERS

It will be exciting to see Florence, Colorado get some worldwide recognition, when HGTV airs an episode of the popular series, House Hunters, that features a palatial Victorian mansion.

I already have my TV set on autotune for August 11, at 8 p.m., Mountain Time for HGTV.

The episode will chronicle a couple’s search for more room and the desire for a Victorian fixer-upper, according to the HGTV description.

The featured house will be the Thomas Robison mansion, built in 1895 for the founder of the Florence and Cripple Creek Railroad founder. All aboard for an exciting peek into yet another aspect of Florence’s fascinating architecture and history.


I’ve never been in the mansion unfortunately. But I’ve been on many a house tour in Fremont County. In fact, I really should get an award for gawking at the most houses in Colorado. Yeah, I troll real estate online sites even when I am not looking to buy a property.

No, I don’t sing, “Diamonds Are A Girl’s Best Friend.”  I sing off-key, “Houses Are A Girl’s Best Friend.” Yeah, just try to live in and decorate a diamond ring.

Okay, perhaps I have a penchant for houses of all types. Log cabins, yurts, mansions, tiny houses, Victorian, Craftsman. It matters not.

And how twitterpated I am  a house that I am in driving distance of will be featured on HGTV. If you catch me anywhere in Colorado with my binoculars, don’t call the police. Just call House Addicts Anonymous and report me.

The only downside to Florence, Colorado being on HGTV is that the whole country and parts of the world will now know a little secret: Florence has some of the most fantastic houses at prices more reasonable than most parts of the state. If this nonsense continues, people will figure out that Fremont County also has some of the best weather in the state. No, my career has nothing to do with real estate. I just know good things when I see them.

If you don’t tell anyone about some of these treasures in Florence, I won’t either.


No comments:

Post a Comment