Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Found In The Antiques Capital Of Colorado: Faucet Flowers

As regular blog readers know, I'm always curious what people are buying in Florence--the antiques capital of Colorado. And more importantly, I want to know what they are going to do with their Florence finds.

                                                       Patty and her ten faucet handles

Look at those beauties! When this Iron Gate Antique Mall (109 W. Main St.) customer plunked down 10 funky faucet handles on the counter--I just had to ask what she was going to do with them all.

Faucet flowers. OK, I admit I don't hang out on Pinterest much and I read rather obscure magazines, so I am sometimes out of the loop on what's crafty, creative and hot in decorating.

Patty, of Weatherford, Texas, is going to make flowers from her faucets. I asked how she got the idea and she said she saw on a fence, with the leaves and stems painted on. But she was going to make free-standing flowers.

It is worth noting, that Patty, visiting in Colorado, came to Florence one day recently--and had so much fun that she came back the next day. Yes, that's a shameless plug about how much fun folks have in Florence. But Patty said it, unsolicited--even before I whipped out my camera.


Now, I don't know if Patty's finished project will look like this. But for those of you who have never heard of faucet handle flowers (like me) this picture gives one idea how people create them.

I went to one online site and these faucet handles (also labeled as industrial and steampunk) are selling for about $5 each. Just the handles. And of course these are vintage, metal and all cool with the chippy paint. But you know how much they are at Iron Gate in Florence? Just $2 each.

Stay tuned to this blog to see what customers (from all across the country) and even around the world are buying in Florence--the antiques capital of Colorado. And what they are doing with some of the items.

And also stay tuned for a peek into all the cool steampunk-type items Florence has. I've termed Florence, the unofficial steampunk capital of Colorado. Not only for our annual steampunk festival coming up April 9 and 10--but also for the fact that Florence has many shops that have a HUGE selections of steampunk and industrial items like these faucet handles.

No comments:

Post a Comment